iBATIS uses Subversion for source control. The SVN repository is hosted by Apache infrastructure and can be accessed through:
Subversion is an open-source version control system.
If you are unfamiliar with the Subversion, the O'Reilly book, ''Version Control with Subversion'', can be freely downloaded from http://svnbook.red-bean.com/. There are also plenty of introductory articles and tutorials available on the web.
You can alos see http://apache.org/dev/version-control.html for more information on accessing the ASF-hosted iBATIS Subversion repository.
To import or check out the source from the iBATIS repository, you can use one of the following clients :
- AnkhSVN a Visual Studio .NET addin for the Subversion version control system. It allows you to perform the most common version control operations directly from inside the VS.NET IDE (recommended for iBATIS.NET developers).
- TortoiseSVN a Subversion client, implemented as a windows shell extension (recommended).
- RapidSVN a cross-platform GUI front-end for the Subversion.
- Subversion wich includes command-line tools to access the repository.
If you are using TortoiseSVN (recommended)
- Create a likely subdirectory (e.g. d:/projects/iBATIS)
- Right-click on the sub-directory and select Checkout
- Enter the URL:
- Be sure the destination path is set to the folder you created!
Note for iBATIS .NET: Subversion stores repository metadata in folders named `.svn`. Currently, there is a Visual Studio.NET 2003 bug when working with Web Projects that contain folder names beginning with a period. The bug is planned to be addressed in VS.NET 2005.
Both TortoiseSVN and AnkhSVN offer work arounds for dealing with this issue either through a special build or through a configuration option.
You can browse the repository at Apache-SVN using a web browser.
All commits to the Subversion iBATIS repository are sent to the iBATIS Subversion Commits List (Subscribe).
You can view the commits archive at the Mail Archive. The old Incubator commits archive is also available for browsing.